Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Widgets

5 Days of Artistic Works: Day 5 - Rojo Como La Rosa


Project 9. Rojo Como La Rosa

Today is the final day of this series. One day, a few weeks ago, I purchased a cuff that came in this very simple white box.  I knew I wanted to do something with the box and turn it into something else.  I absolutely love integrating lively colors into my artwork, and red is the most favorite of them all.  It attracts your attention, and can convey many different meanings and emotions, just as other colors do.  Rojo Como La Rosa (Red Like The Rose), the last project in this series and this particular period, is a piece inspired by the lively spirit of the Holidays and the fact that I simply love red.  I wanted to force the eye to look at the piece carefully and see the details, in this way the textures the later create.  

Rojo Como La Rosa. Mixed Media. © 2013 Angely Martinez. All Rights Reserved.

A look at the whole box.

I altered these artificial flowers by painting them all red and using other darker tones to achieve a darker color.

Close-Up of the smaller "roses"

It is all about the details!

It has been a great set of 5 days sharing all these works with you. Hope you are having a very Merry Christmas!  #artisticworksbyam

The artwork and all the photos of the artwork are the property of Angely Martinez.
© 2013 Angely Martinez. All Rights Reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...